03rd Jul2019

We need new Stage extensions!

by admin


We need new stage extensions to replace the boxes we built many years ago which are beginning to wear out. We would like to get some professionally made units which should be easier to handle and durable, and which should last us a long time.

Did you know that every time we put on a play we have to put up at least 10 extra boxes to extend the stage to a size suitable for a play or pantomime? This means that during rehearsals we have to put them up and down every night! This adds to the wear and tear as they are repeatedly folded up, stacked and packed away. You can imagine how much punishment the front eight boxes, which extend the stage forwards, take especially during pantomime so they need to be up to the job.

We have secured the promise of a grant from South Northamptonshire Council to cover 25% of the cost. However, the other 75% has to be raised by us and this will require a lot of fundraising. Please keep your eyes open for any fund raising events we run in the future.

Remember a new set of portable stage units will also benefit other hall users who already borrow our extra staging from time to time.

Please dig deep and help us with any donations. Your support, as always, is greatly appreciated. To give online please use our special Just Giving page at https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/groupeight?utm_term=mJ5mqpgJ4

Comments are closed.